World Car Giveaway
Who Can Enter
1. To be eligible to participate in this contest, entrants must be Texas residents who are 18 years of age or older, reside in the KABB-TV and KMYS-TV viewing area, have a valid Texas driver’s license, can provide evidence of automobile insurance, and are existing users of Facebook.com.
2. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., San Antonio Television, LLC, and any other company which owns, programs or provides other services to television broadcast stations KABB-TV and KMYS (collectively, the “Stations”), World Car Auto Group, Facebook, Inc., facebook.com, Ciceron, Inc., Buddy Media, Inc., their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term “immediate families” includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren. Only one winner per household.
How to Enter
1. No purchase is necessary to enter. One entry per URL address.
2. Weekdays (Monday through Friday) viewers will be asked to watch FOX News at Nine which airs at 9pm until 10pm on KABB, channel 29 and look for the “Word of the Day.” Then, to enter viewers will be prompted to visit The FOX San Antonio Facebook page at www.facebook.com/foxsanantonio; “Like” the Facebook page which will allow access to the “World Car Giveaway” entry form located on the Facebook tab of the FOX San Antonio Facebook page and complete the online entry form with your name, address, phone, email and enter the correct word of the day.
3. The contest starts on 9pm CST on Wednesday, November 14, 2012 and ends at 10:00 p.m. CST on Tuesday, November 27, 2012 (the “Contest Period”). Entries must be received by 10:00 p.m. CST each weekday during the Contest Period to qualify for the daily finalist drawing. Station is not responsible for lost, late, or misdirected entries or for printing errors, server unavailability, computer or any other electronic malfunction
4. Each weekday during the Contest Period, two (2) daily finalists will be randomly selected from among valid and correct entries, for a total of twenty (20) finalists. Remaining valid entries will not carry over to the next weekday drawing. Finalists will be notified by phone.
5. Each of the twenty (20) finalists are required to appear in person at World Car KIA, (7915 IH 35 South, San Antonio, Texas 78224) at 7:00am C.T. on Thursday, November 29, 2012 to participate in the grand prize event. If any finalist is unable to attend the grand prize event, then such finalist will be disqualified, and time permitting, an alternate finalist may be randomly selected from among remaining valid entries for the respective daily drawing. In the event a finalist does not appear in person at the grand prize event, then such finalist will be disqualified. Each finalist will randomly select one (1) key. Each finalist will have the opportunity to try their key to open the door to a 2013 KIA Soul. The finalist with the key which opens the car door will be deemed the grand prize winner. Finalists must be present to win. Each of the remaining finalists will be deemed second place winners.
6. All entries received that are mutilated, tampered with, incorrect, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. All entries become the property of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc. and the Stations and will not be acknowledged or returned.
1. Each of the nineteen (19) second place winners will receive one (1) tee shirt and one (1) hat, valued at $30.00. One (1) grand prize winner will receive a 2013 KIA Soul +, automatic valued at $19,490 (MSRP). As a condition of winning, the grand prize winner must provide a valid TX drivers’ license and proof of full coverage automobile insurance. The winner is also responsible for taxes, title, registration fees, add-ons, insurance premiums, maintenance expenses, gasoline, and any other fees and expenses associated with the car.
2. Winners will be notified in person at the grand prize event. Before claiming prizes, winners must provide their correct name, address and telephone number to Station at the time of notification. Winners must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, which must be received within 3 (three) days of notification, at the time winner claims his/her prize at World Car KIA. Winners must show picture identification to claim prizes. Station reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding the prize based on the identification presented. Grand prize winner may be required to sign additional documents as determined by World Car KIA.
3. If the grand prize winner cannot comply with the conditions of winning (i.e., insurance, license), or sign and return the release and affidavit of eligibility, then the grand prize will be forfeited, and an alternate grand prize winner will be randomly selected from among remaining valid second place winners. If a second place winner does not sign and return the release and affidavit of eligibility within three (3) days, then the prize will be forfeited, and the prize will remain the property of the Station.
4. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for prizes except at the sole discretion of Stations. The Stations have the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No transfer or assignment of prizes is allowed.
5. The winners are responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules. Winner must sign a W-9 form.
6. Only one prize will be awarded per household. Contestants are eligible to win only one prize within any thirty (30) day period, regardless of the number of contests entered.
7. San Antonio Television, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not liable if the provider of any part of the prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize.
8. San Antonio Television, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., World Car Auto Group are not responsible for any liabilities arising directly or indirectly from the award or use of the prize.
9. In claiming your prize, you acknowledge that San Antonio Television, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. have the right to publicize your name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that you are the winner for promotional purposes without financial remuneration.
Odds of Winning/Miscellaneous
1. Odds of qualifying depend on the number of valid and correct entries each day during the Contest Period. Odds of winning is 1 in 20 finalists.
2. Complete contest rules are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at KABB/KMYS 4335 NW Loop 410, San Antonio, TX 78229 and on the Station’s website at www.foxsanantonio.com.
3. For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to KABB/KMYS: World Car Giveaway, 4335 NW Loop 410, San Antonio, TX 78229 by December 31, 2012.
4. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. San Antonio Television, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Facebook.com, Facebook, Inc., World Car Auto Group, Facebook, Inc., facebook.com, Ciceron, Inc., Buddy Media and any other sponsors accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded hereunder.
5. By entering this contest, each entrant waives any and all claims of liability against the Stations, any sponsors, Facebook.com, and their respective parent, affiliates, officers, directors, employees and agents, for any and all claims, loss, damage or injury which may occur as a result of entrant’s participation in this contest.
6. Stations cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information.
7. Stations reserve the right to make rules and contest changes and change the aforementioned contest dates.
8. Facebook, Inc. and www.facebook.com (collectively, “Facebook”) are not affiliated with the Stations nor this contest. This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by or associated with Facebook.